1/4 mile E55 vs. WRX

One of the last sundays i've been out at the houston racetrack. it was open racing so basically everyone with long trousers and a shirt could race his car there.

sitting there and watching the camaros and corvettes and firebirds trying to beat each other, suddenly a black E55 steps on the scene and races alone. nice take off and nice speed. unfortunately the times were not shown as it the politics during public racing. you get a lil slip stating time and speed after each race. back to the AMG. i know a guy in houston driving one and i though to myself, hell that would be funny if it's him.
some minutes later the E55 was there again taking on a silver WRX. at the start the WRX really took off like a rocket and the AMg had no chance. than, after like 150-170 feet the scene changed and the AMG's top speed capability got him in front. that went on 3 times, everytime the WRX started in the lead and the AMG caught him in the end. all through the races i had this thought in my mind....
i went down to the restrooms and there they were. both cars nexzt to each other with open hood. i went there just to be sure and heck it was him. my buddy was racing his AMG there!!!

they showed me the times. 13.6, 13.8, 13.5 for the AMG and low 14ers for the WRX...heck those two were fast!!!!The AMG is stock! the WRX furthermore was no STi but modded with stuff that brings up more boost.

that was afunny night seeing those two guys trying again and again.

Tom

Staff Team
Wadula said:
as far as i know there is only auto, that's right. nope, no bimmers and my focus really is not exactly what the people want to see racing there [hihi]
hehe...so this is every Sunday in Houston?

Ever see a 7 second car, now thats crazy! What's funny though is that a few minutes before the 7 second cars started, a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Caravan went at it, an in-joke maybe? I dunno..

they had a funny car i believe. that thing was a monster and i never ever experienced soemthing like taht before. my best description for it is like a movie of the start, played at twice or three times the speed....it looked so amazing how that bastard car took off.
you could really see how the torque twisted the car and the front right wheel was higher then the left one. amazing, simply amazing

That's awesome. That new E55 AMG is SICK. I saw one today on my way home, actually...black E55 AMG with temporary plates. 469hp supercharged V8, and automatic transmission is standard ([V]), but there is a touch-shift feature with shift buttons on the steering wheel. Either way, the E55 is one sick car.

oh heck no, it's the old one, not the latest. sorry i did not specify that guys. my bad. the old one.
yeah, the new one is just incredible. i like it a lot and it really is such a monster on wheels!

hey wadula you went to baytown? i think me and my brother will do some test runs on his car in the coming week or 2 over there. i just hope the really fast cars dont laugh at us...

manuel said:
hey wadula you went to baytown? i think me and my brother will do some test runs on his car in the coming week or 2 over there. i just hope the really fast cars dont laugh at us...
As long as you dont make silly claims I doubt anyone will laugh at you.

My car crew brought our club "track whore" civic....it gets passed to all in the club because everyone has a couple $$ tied into it....anway a SS Camaro saw teh car...laughed at us and then went to the staging lanes.....we lined up next to him....he ran a 13.50 to our 12.90.....needless to say he didnt laugh much after that....but we did[hihi]

Cocky racers are new racers.....anyone who has been at the track welcomes new people and tries to help you with your setup...there is always someone faster but you try to be as fast as you can be with what you got [thumb]

exactly, we saw some suzuki baleno style car and a hyundai racing each other several times....that was crazy and funny, but hey they raced each other again and again to fight it out, that was cool.
then there was a cheyz silverado-heavy-duty-3500-1/2-XD-multi-cabin-DVD-driven-air-conduct-heck i don't know what else truck...and that baby was freakin fast. no sound as it was a diesel but huge power. that car really took off.

sure dont! its going to be next weekend most likely. this weekend we are going to a mazda event at jeff haas mazda with some rx7 people. should be friggin awesome looking at those rx7s!