1984 318i complete for sale (Palmdale)

My wife and I have a 1984 318i BMW bronze, with black interior 5 speed manual two door sedan for sale. A rebuilt engine was installed in 2002, with a complete new clutch assembly. The driver's seat frame was rebuilt and recovered at the same time. The dash cover is cracking, but the remainder of the interior is cherry. Body was repainted in 1994. We've kept it garaged in both TX and in CA. It has been garaged stored in Palmdale, CA since 2005 since I was transferred to Tokyo, Japan. My wife is currently back in Palmdale and we are selling the car complete and as is for $3,000\ or BO. It is TX registered and would probably need to have the exhaust upgraded to pass CA smog.

The only issue the car has mechanically is a high idle after start problem. Engine races to 3500RPM and stays there. This is what caused me to store it. Prior to garaging it, I followed advice from the great talent on this board as well as others to no avail. This car is a good runner with that problem resolved. A weekend's worth of work for someone who has the knowledge of how to fix the problem.

If interested, contact Lynnette Metcalf at 310-714-0136 or by e-mail at lcmetcalf@hotmail.com. My email is shruska@hotmail.com.