1997 buy or not?

The last time I owned a BMW car was in 1971, a new 2002, and it was the most fun I ever had with 4 wheels.
Now, there is a local wheeler/dealer/broker who has a 1997 750IL with 160K miles on the clock. It was repro, and the dirtiest car I have seen in a long time. The PO was just over 21, and when the differential broke he let the bank take it back.
The diff has been replaced with a used unit, and the right ball joint will be replaced. It needs new rotors/pads front and rear (no big deal) and 4 new tires. The rest of the mechanicals appear to be in great shape. The engine doesn't have any vibrations and the exhaust appears to be good - not loud.
Cosmetically, there is a little damage on the right hand side (I figure about $750 or less). Silver paint. All of the electrial parts work, except the after market front turn signals.
About 100 hours of cleaning and waxing and she should look good.

My delima:
I have a 3 car garage with 4 cars in it. The 750IL will be the longest car in the group. Which means I will have to sell a Volvo 850T to make room. Will the 750IL eat me out of house and home? Taking it to our local stealer is out of the question.
Is $6000 a VERY good price, or just average for the condition it is in?

Klaus

Big Daddy

NADA lists the car between 7 and 11k where I live, but I have not seen 750's selling for anything near NADA prices lately, usually they are selling way under book I think due to mileage and repair expenses. Repairs on the V12 can be very very expensive, over $1200.00 to replace the upper pan gasket, known to leak. Spark plug wires can run $600.00 and they require two of most everything to tune up. I owned a 91 and loved the car, great highway car, but I sold her as she started to develop numerous of known 750 problems. A repo and in poor condition to begin with, I'd pass on it. Best of luck with whatever route you choose.

Tanks BD,
I did pass on it. The upper pan gasket was weeping and no service records. The owner/salesman was totally honest which was a plus.
Having to perform all services because of no records was the straw that broke the deal.

But what a nice car! It should have been a contender!

Klaus