2002 330CI Convertible Top headliner parts Help

jcentrel

I recently noticed a piece of plastic ripped through my convertible top headliner on my 2002 330CI Convertible on the right (passenger) side near the top of the small back window. The piece that ripped through is plastic and actually cracked which caused it to rip through the headliner. I went to my local BMW service rep. and he told me to take it to a local upholstery/convertible top repair guy to save some money. My service guy is pretty cool. I took the car to the repair shop and they told me to have BMW order a new part which he referred to as a headliner stiffener which they would install for me. Unfortunately, the parts department at BMW couldn't figure out which part I needed and now I'm left in a bind. If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Interesting...

[scratch]The exact same thing happened to my 2002 325Cic... right (passenger) side the same plastic piece pierced thru the head liner... BMW wouldn't cover the damage... said it wasn't a normal factory defect... Thinking about just making sure what's left of the piece isn't sharp and just finding some thread that would strech and maybe a patch to place inside so the rip would not continue...

I'd like to also hear of any other ideas...