95 325i vs 98 SHO

This race happened a while back, but since i just joined i thought i would post it for everyone's information. I was driving our 98 beater SHO with over 115k miles on it, but which recently had a newer motor installed because of cam guide failure on the old one. It is stock except for 2 $30 generic mufflers i had the local muffler shop put on. My buddy was driving his 92 325i 5speed that had an M3 muffler, intake, and chip. He insisted that it would go 160 with the chip, i was just like "whatever man". Anyway we were leaving another buddies house when he asked if wanted to race. I was like "i don't care, sure". So we lined up and i did the three honks. Right off the bat he jumped like 1 carlength ahead, but then i started reeling him in pretty quickly and by 100 or so i was at least 1 and 1/2 carlengths ahead and i shut her down. SHOs got some decent topend is all he said after the race.

ok 1 thing i got a 92 325i 5spd and they the other way around. a minivan can keep up with me in 1st and 2nd but once i hit third she wakes up, then i can take a z28 and i have before. and if u say z28 is a bad driver, they have a worse quarter mile. btw it may sound like an m3 exhaust but 92 325 stock exhaust are jsut awesome !!! they jsut sound that way i got puled by a cop bc illeagal exhaust