BMW X6 seems a little bit stupid?

Have you pimps seen the new BMW X6 on the BMWUSA website? It seems to be a little bit stupid; a Sports Activity Coupe? So it's supposed to be a Coupe but it has four doors and has the posture of a dune buggy.

I am curious if this puppy has an available manual transmission.

I just don't get it at all, and cannot understand why BMW would invest so much money and time into this car. Not as SAV, not a wagon, not a sedan. It just seems really pointless. Those who need the room or versatility of an SAV or wagon, will hate it, those wanting a sedan will get a 5er, 7er, E-Class, A6 and for those who want a coupe...my god, the X6 is like the last choice.

Just cheapening the brand, and making a flattened X5, with an ugly butt. Part sourcing at it's worst!!

So how do you guys REALLY feel??? [hihi]

I saw the X6 at the Philly Auto Show this weekend. I think it is better looking in person than any of the pictures. It will appeal to a limited set, it's the same audience as the GX35.

bmw doesn't need to "sell" them to make a profit. all they have to do is come up with enticing lease plans and lease enough of them. they (1) get $ on the front end from the leases and then (2) they get $ on the back end from the certified pre-owned sales.

the end result? tons of x6's on the road driven by lotsa people. tons of bmw's on the road for that matter- becoming a dime a dozen- ie hence a "cheapening of the brand." a bmw on the road in LA nowadays is about as common- if not MORESO- than a toyota corolla or honda civic.

another vehicle in the suv wannabe arena to add to the pile probably won't do any more damage than what they've [bmw] already done to thoroughly dilute their brand name.