Chicago Rules!

PhatBimmer said:
Chi-town or for you out of towners (shy-town) has to be the best city I've ever lived at. Thats all I had to say. BTW who else is from Chicago area?? [confused]
Chicago, here too!! 'burbs now, but I grew up in the city (South Side [thumb] ).

I agree, while I'm a native Chicagoan, I've lived in other cities for brief periods of time: New York for three months, Indianapolis for a year. I've also visited most of the big U.S. cities (Vegas, LA, Atlanta) and I can safely say Chicago is the best one out there!! We've got everything LA and NYC have, without all the hype and celebs (they can keep them). [:D]

Also, I don't think many Chicagoans realize how good they have it until they leave; I've spent the better part of four years at school in north-central Indiana, and I'm always so happy to come home. The drive up on I-94 is awesome once you get to see that beautiful Chicago skyline.

When ever I go to downtown Chicago for what ever reason the skyline is definately the thing to compliment your drive [clap]. If I had a BMW it would top it off very very very nicely [thumb]. Not only that but I've also gone to LA and to NY and I must say I wouldn't trade my city for any of the two. Driving in downtown at night is probably the best way to spend cruising in a Bimmer [^].

I'm from North side and also from burbs [rolleyes]

PhatBimmer said:
When ever I go to downtown Chicago for what ever reason the skyline is definately the thing to compliment your drive [clap].
I agree, IMO the view from the Planetarium is the best.

I love “the city” too. I’ve visited other cities and lived in Michigan and Georgia for brief periods of time and to me there is no comparison. Something is always missing, museums, restaurants, clubs that are open all night, and what happened to the 24hr Home Depot that save my butt a few times. Not to mention having short trips to each coast and being relatively between Asia & Europe. I like having choices and IMO Chicago is one major city that gives you plenty of choices on a variety of things. I’ve lived in Lincoln Park, Near Westside, Northside and Southside and loved them all but I’m a Sox fan at heart. I’m saving the ‘burbs for marriage or retirement.

Yes definately I think Chicago takes the pie when it comes to accesibility, and beuty :p. I've been to california (LA area) and I didn't like it even if there were alot of Mexians :p.

P.S. NorthWest suburbs are de best.