Good to be back

Well its been awile since ive bought the sweet pearl 850i ..everything is ok with the car
it rides good and smooth and yes i am babying the car the death ..i see we lost some members carfix and a few others i guess membership has to be updated again ...
anyway its good to be back !![burnout]

well weres everybody

Me and the 850I are doing swell except everytime i turn around i am challenged to race
and its those 740i's on the freeway ..i got pissed and ordered some john conforti chips
and some mods to increase the power because the V12 the way its set up is for smooth touring ..those 740i's are pretty quick with that new torque curve off the line i was racing one
and i was like wait a minute the big bmw got balls ...but when your a 175+ you kinda feel like
uh o ..one little mis hap so i back off quick thinking safety first ..but the next time i get tagged by a 740i i am leaving it in the dust , i am not knocking them i own one a blk one but hell
there everywhere and some folks just dont have respect for style and performance ..anyway
i am enjoying this 850I ..til then enjoy your bmw [thumb] [burnout]

BeeZed

Future...

Hi!

I was just wondering is there any discussion within the BMW concern that they might start producing the 8-series again? Does anyone know if there are any rumors about this? If that's the case, when will they produce and launch it?

/BeeZed

Re: Future...

Beautiful machine, dwayne. [thumb]

What I wouldn't give to own one...[:D]

Like the caption on the 850i pic in my gallery says...Stunning. [thumb]

a new 850i

Well all i can say is if Bmw does produce another 8 series better have some deep pockets
as with everything they build , also people are still trying to get youst to the new 7 series update model and here comes the new 6 series they say all the first 50,000 units sold out
now thats demand big time , it would be cool to see a fresh new 8 series in the works it just wouldnt be the same without that history of a car it has given us consumers , the 8 series really took a beating with the automotive critic's but i think the car itself has kept a classic
style and performance within its class , and i am sure bmw is taking a wait and see aproach
look how far the corvette has come , that car nearly died so many times and epa standards
choked the hell out of that car , and there is a huge following as well behind both cars , but i hope they bring it back , hell to do 180mph is fun...and i love it i am searching for another one
to build for testing for rom and chip updates for power but the car is sweet rather cruising
our blast off .. also there are alot of 840 i just laying around everywhere but if bmw builds a new 8 better have some deep pockets big time [thumb]

Glad you're enjoying your car! Ours had Dinan chips. IIRC, Jim Conforti burned the chips for the user group that Paul Michael Brown used to run.
He also did back to back dyno testing with K&N filters on an 850--net 3% power LOSS! We had K&N's on our 850, and left them.
Just thought I would throw that in...in my opinion it's not worth removing the air boxes.
I had a nice email from PMB; the user group is gone. There is one for CSi 850's, for those that apply. Mr. Castle (?) runs it.
Our car was lowered and had CSi rims and a few other upgrades. My wife saw it about 6 months ago, but couldn't catch it to talk to today's owner. ;-)
Wish you lots of (s)miles!
Dave L
Mississauga

hey hey long time no see

Welcome back dlynch ..and yes i am enjoying the car and also babying it as well ,
i have been poking around in club e-31 and had a fellow guy send me the hard to find manaul
in which was a great help and a car this size you would figure was light but i found out this car is heavy ..i also had many offers to sell because of the shape its in ..at 60,000+ i can do know wrong ..i was thinking about going all out with full blown mods but then i thought
i rather keep it classic and just buy a 840i for mod set up ..ive seen some 840i put out some good clean power with money off course but you get the 8 series styling at half the cost
also i seen a couple of 840i onwers swapping out there nickel motors for the 740i motors
and blocks ..as well but all in all i hopin bmw will set the world on fire with a nasty 8 again
and i am sure it will be fast and nasty with tons of style ..hell caddillac got everybody scared
with there new motor..so welcome back ...now all we need is carfax to stop by ...

dwayne 850i and lovin it[thumb]

Haven't been around because we sold our 330 coupe/Dinan3.

Had a few conversations with dealers when we sold our 850i. They didn't think that bmw would ever produce another 8. In fact there have been recent announcements of 6series bimmers in coupe form.

Yours is an incredible car. I miss the one we had. However, the prospect of dealing with uninformed/untrained dealers in Canada really worried me.

Happy New Year, and many happy miles!
Dave L