Help please, buzzing noise

shamus

Hi,

I am desperately looking for some expert advice as I am going crazy over this

Recently my 2002 745i developed a strange problem. I noticed that after 15-20 min of driving I will get this buzzing noise that seems to come from the speakers. It sounds like electrical static buzz. Sometimes if I am listening to the radio one side of the speakers will go off ( becomes mono ). I also noticed that very rarely, when I opened the door I will also hear the buzz for a bit. The buzzing goes off if I stop the car , switch off the engine and restart the car.

I have been to the dealer a million times and they can't seem to find what the problem is. The thing is it is very hard for me to show them the buzzing as it only happens when you are driving along. Recently I also have an amber engine warning light on the dash but no errors showing on the onboard computer.

I am going to the dealer again tomorrow but I doubt they will fix the problem. The buzzing noise really iritates me as it is quite prominent and loud and won't go off until I restart the car.

I hope that someone has some idea what's wrong

shamus

sounds like a audio wire shielding/ wiring problem. if the dealer can't fix it, take it to a high-end car stereo place and have them check it.

I suspect that too but I don't have any aftermarket ICE installs, all stock standard. I also suspect it could be an engine electrical fault and somehow the speakers are picking them up. This is due to the fact that I had an induction coil blown and also had to change my car battery recently. The whole car went crazy and won't respond to my key. All the technician did was took out the battery and reconnected it after a while and it was ok.