Loss of engine power

My X3 2.5i Automatic has just reached about 1600 miles. Last week, it started to lose power and it seems to be shifting harder (noticable shift between down and up) and it seems to have a hard time to actually shift into the next gear. At times I have to almost max out the pedal just to get enough power to gain speed or pass a vehicle. This problem seems to come and go, as sometimes the speed and pickup of the X3 are great, and very speedy. Other times, the speed is very, very sluggish. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this? I have wondered if it was related to the colder weather in the northeast, or the quality of gasoline (I have only ever used 93 octane premium gasoline). During this problem, it also seems that the engine is reving too high at times, and revs high until the vehicle is almost at complete stop. When in idle, the engines sounds normal, no excessive revving. Any clues or help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear about that. I haven't noticed any problems with the engine and my engine is getting close to 6,000 miles. I'm STILL passing cars like a mad man and I drive the X3 2.5i. I use premium gasoline in my tank so I don't know why that's happening. I noticed that when I'm on hills the X3 shifts to a hire gear and it does take a little time for the gear to level out once I get out of the hill. To be honest I don't know if this is problem. I have the automatic tranny in my X3.