Newbie Here

XxBMWxX

Hi everyone! I once had a username on this website but forgot the sites name long ago. Here I am again lol. I need some help. I have a 328 IS 1998 BMW and let it stay at a BMW dealer to be checked on. I have check every fuse with other Mechanics I know but don't really deal with radios in the past. Short Circuit is what i'm told. Now at the BMW dealer they claim it's the amplifier that's bad... Now, I'm young and all and I can't really understand this... Is this the reason why my radio won't turn on? I mean they want $740 bucks just to get the amp, and then $240 extra to work on it! In total they want $980... The car is great and I know BMW things cost, but still, this seems "fishy". Can someone please give me an advice. I know someone here when I was searching on google had a 1997 BMW 328IS and said the same thing but no one responded to him. Thanks!!!

Big Daddy

It is hard to figure out an electrical problems in a forum, but if your radio won't even turn on I have a hard time believing it has anything to do with the amp. Have you checked for power at the back of the radio with an electrical test light? If there is power to the radio than something in the radio is bad, but you won't know until you trace the power from the source to the radio.