Next Doc Wong Driving Skills & Tour Clinic - Sat, July 19!

Next Doc Wong Driving Skills & Tour Clinic - Saturday, July 19!

Hi,

We're doing a "Driving Skills and Skyline Fun Tour Clinic on Saturday, July 19!

Come join us in the fun of driving and touring over 100 miles of awesome roads and scenery! Learn new driving skills, improve your driving, have fun and be a better driver.

You don't need to have had any performance driving experience, but learning a bit more about performance driving can definitely make you a safer driver. Come tour with us, all are welcome!

This month's topic: “Driving Skills - Brake and Throttle Control"

Date: Saturday, July 19, 2008

Time: 9:00 am 10:30 am for the talk part of the clinic
10:30 am to 3:00 pm for the tour. Lunch in Davenport at 12:30 pm

Place: Active Life Medical-Chiropractic Center
1391 Woodside Road,
Suite 200
Redwood City, CA 94061

Register: Just e-mail me at DocWong@docwong.com.

Cost: $0.00

Here's how the day will go:

We meet at my office at 9am and do the talk/clinic part till about 10:30am.

Guest instructors:

Aaron Tachibania: SCCA GTU & GTO driver/owner of Datsun 510, Datsun 280ZX Turbo and Pantera. Finished 4th as a privateer GTU. Currently organizes Car track days for seat time.

or

Chuck McCalmet: President's Cup, Tri-State Championship winner, Marlboro, VIR, Bridgehamptom, IRP, Loudon Enduro Karts winner, race instructor, has tested in a Lotus 23 with the lap record, owned and raced a Shelby GT 350. Past Team Manager and Mechanic with the USA Karting team winning the World Championship in Hong Kong in 1972. He currently drives a Beck 550 Spyder and 911SC!

There will also be a discussion on safety, autocrosses and time trialing.

Then we take off for our tour. We'll stop at Gazos Road and Hwy 1 and the proceed down Hwy 1 to Davenport for lunch. After lunch we take more twisty roads ending up on Hwy 9 and Skyline Blvd (Hwy 35). See below on the complete route and directions to my office.

If you have a family radio bring it. We'll be on Channel 9

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a chiropractor in Redwood City and quite a motorcycle enthusiast and have been organizing the Doc Wong Motorcycle Riding Clincs for the past 7 years (see me web page at: www.docwong.com).

This event however is a car only clinic.

Not too long ago I purchased a Porsche Boxster and a Miata and a whole new world of fun opened up for me. Learning how to really drive the car has been a fun challenge, fortunately much of my motorcycling experience has helped me with that. I'm having a great time in autox and open track days.

The tour/drive will be pretty mellow. The idea is to enjoy the scenery, the drive and to improve our driving skills. So if you're up for a very fast drive, this isn't it.

RIDE ROUTE:
We start at Dr. Wong's office on Woodside Road (Hwy 84) in
Redwood City. We go up Woodside Road, through
Woodside, and on up the hill crossing Skyline Blvd (Hwy 35).

From there, continue down Hwy 84 (name now changed to La Honda Road). Then almost to the ocean, San Gregorio, where you'll see a store and post office. If you actually get to Hwy 1, you've missed the left turn on Stage Road by the store.

From San Gregorio, we turn Left (South) on Stage Road to the
little town of Pescadero (which is a veritable
METROPOLIS compared to San Gregorio).

Then we head east on Pescadero Road a short ways to Cloverdale Road, where we turn south (right) again. We follow Cloverdale road down to Gazos
Creek Road, where we turn west (right).

We follow Gazos Creek Road to Highway 1 where we can take a break. Gas is available here.

Then take a trip down 1 to Davenport, where we stop for lunch.
After lunch, it's south on Highway 1 again to Bonny
Doone Road, where we turn east (left). Don't turn
right there, or you'll be surprised at the lack of
floatation a set of air bags provide. ;-)

Up Bonny Doon Road to Empire Grade. North (left) on Empire Grade to
Jamison Creek Road, down Jamison Creek Road to Highway
236. Right on Highway 236 to Highway 9 in Boulder
Creek. Another short break in Boulder Creek (gas, if
needed), then up Highway 9 (east) to Skyline, where we
assemble at the little rest area there for a final
meeting. After our meeting and bull session, the group
breaks up and everyone is on their own. Hope you can
find your way home from there!

Directions to Active Life Medical Center

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...od+City&state=CA&zipcode=94061&submit=Get+Map
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active Life Medical Center
1391 Woodside Road, Suite 200
Redwood City, CA 94061
(650) 365-7775

Drive well!

Doc Wong
http://www.docwong.com
Arctic Silver/Boxster Red/Bk 1997 Boxster
Red 1991 Miata
Harry K. Wong, D.C.
1391 Woodside Road, Ste 200
Redwood City, CA 94061
Off: (650) 365-7775 Cell: (650) 400-9887
Chiropactic and Alternative Medicine

This is a low volume list used for all my announcements on future drives and related activities.

Also, if you're having pain while riding or having neck, back or other sports injuries issues, call my cell at (650) 400-9887 or e-mail me at docwong@aol.com for a free appointment to see what you need to do!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Driving Skills and Skyline Fun Tour Clinic dates:

Saturday July 19, 2008 "Driving Skills - Brake and Throttle Control"
Saturday August 9, 2008 "Driving Skills - Lines of Travel"
Saturday September 13, 2008 "Driving Skills - Heel and Toe Shifting"
Saturday October 11, 2008 "Driving Skills - Causes and Solutions to Understeering"
Saturday November 1, 2008 "Driving Skills - Causes and Solutions to Oversteering"
Saturday December 13, 2008 "Driving Skills - Braking, Shifting and Turning Sequence"