Not a Bimmer Not a Race but very funny

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
i had to go to kent last monday and we hired a car. they seam to only deal in crappy french cars so we tried to get the 206cc 2litre gti engined but due to age we got told to well go away and take what we were given. unfortunatly it was a crappy little 1.4 deisel the guy driving tried to get up to kent as fast as pos (160miles) and we did the work and headed back before we did i decided to pop the hood and check out what a beast of an engine we had. low and behold i spied a small very small turbo and intercooler. hmmm we said how fast do you reckon it goes. i say 105Mph the driver 110Mph. 7 attempts and 107 was the highest recorded until the road cleared we hit 106 and the little french bastard gave up. just stop accelerating and started slowing down!!! however after 1min or so of constant 105Mph when hit a hill and the wind was comming from behind we got that little beast upto 110Mph exactly. then the fabulous build quality and suspension setup told us to slow a little but it was probably more fun than 140 in mine 'cause all the other drivers looking at us bouncing around in the car trying to get that extra few Mph. still laughing now!!![:D] [:D] [:D] [rofl]

Friend of mine had a Lada. He got fed up with being passed by pedestrians so he rolled it over the edge of a quarry. Reckons he got it up to 120 mph before applying the emergency brake at the bottom