Problem posting a reply

A few times, including once today, when I finish typing a reply to someone's thread, I click on "get smilies." The second window with the smilies opened up and I clicked on my preferred image. Then when I returned to my reply to proof-read it I found that the whole thing had disappeared and I had to type it all over again. Frustrating. I do it the same way every time and it has only happening four or five times. Am I doing something wrong here? I am on a DSL so things work quickly.

[driving2] (it worked normally this time)

Tom

Staff Team
Sorry DRWWE. I'm not sure what the problem is since I was never able to duplicate it, another member had brought this to my attention before. The only thing I can suggest it use the Post Reply button instead of the quick reply or type it in notepad first.

as tom already suggested you should use the standard replay by hitting the reply button. in that case the smileys are not being copied from the smiley window into another wwindow by script. the standard reply has the smileys direclty available in the same window.

does your problem occur there, too?

I'm using the "post reply" button this time[driving2]

Seems to work correctly so I'll use this in the future rather that using the Post Reply window at the bottom of the page. Will let you know if I have any more problems.