The New X5

Eruch

I've recently acquired the new X5 4.8i and am loving it. I would love to hear the thoughts of others who have recently driven the new generation X5.

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Eruch said:
I've recently acquired the new X5 4.8i and am loving it. I would love to hear the thoughts of others who have recently driven the new generation X5.
I'm sure your X5 will run perfectly, as that particular model has exceptional build quality, and performance. Furthermore, since you were able to afford the higher end model, I predict your car will be problem free. Don't worry about that thread, there is some fabrication and embellishment as with all new car complainers. Don't allow it to sully your experience, enjoy your car, the last thing you want is to become an unsatisfied person who listens to every single noise or waits in longing for something to go wrong with your car so you can post a thread about it and complain. It's easy to fall into that trap, it almost happened to me when I had leased a 325i.

Enjoy your X5 and best of luck, I hear it gets better gas mileage on the highway than the 3.0si, and Ford can't brag that it out accelerates the car for 20,000 less. [;)]

jgreene32

I, too, just got a 4.8i X5. Mine is Space Gray with black interior and the bamboo wood. I ordered it with the Technology Package, Premium Package, Sport Package, Premium Sound, Satellite Radio and I put 21" BMW wheels on it-- it really looks great.
I've only had it a week, but I'm very, very happy with it. Its my second X5 and the improvements in all areas over the previous version are impressive. The one negative would be with the new transmission gear selector-- I'm okay with it, but have you gone to a car wash or left the car with a valet yet? No one knows how to operate it! I have to drive it through the car wash myself! I'm not looking forward to this inconvenience.
Other than that, I'm really enjoying it. Initially, I wanted a 5-series wagon, but I didn't want to "settle" for a 6-cylinder, and since they no longer make an 8-cylinder wagon, this seemed like the next best option.