Turning off the Service Engine Soon Light

The SES light in my e46 is on. I had the code checked out, and it was a low coolant temperature. I want to reset the light to see if it comes back on. Does anyone know if this can be done without a code reader or other tool ?

The SES light in my e46 is on. I had the code checked out, and it was a low coolant temperature. I want to reset the light to see if it comes back on. Does anyone know if this can be done without a code reader or other tool ?

Absolutely, Auto Zone, Murrays, Advance Auto Zone and all those other shops got the code reader.

Better yet, you can buy one from them for about $75. I have one myself and it's easy to use.

After changing my Cam Shaft sensors, my "Service Engine Soon" light wouldn't go off. I bought the code reader and did it myself.

It's important to note that the (Low coolant) wouldn't make this light to come on. I think you have other issues buddy.

Absolutely, Auto Zone, Murrays, Advance Auto Zone and all those other shops got the code reader.

Better yet, you can buy one from them for about $75. I have one myself and it's easy to use.

After changing my Cam Shaft sensors, my "Service Engine Soon" light wouldn't go off. I bought the code reader and did it myself.

It's important to note that the (Low coolant) wouldn't make this light to come on. I think you have other issues buddy.
No, no...it was "Low Coolant Temperature" that the code reader sent back. I went to AutoZone, and they read the codes. That was the only one. They also said that they could (would) not turn off the SES light.

That is correct. You need a scanner, the best one is the Peake Research reader. It reads ALL BMW codes, not just the generic codes. It also can be used to reset the Oil Change/Service Due light.