2002 330xi VS 2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Great stories in this thread - thanks for posting them! My story isn't great, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

So one fine summer day a couple months ago I was sitting at a light minding my own business when a brand new, white, Acura RSX Type-S pulled along side me. I looked over and was admiring the car when I heard the driver give it a big rev. I looked up to see him staring right at me and he revved it again. I gave him a smile like, “OK, buddy – you asked for it.”

The light turned green and he jumped all over it. He got the drop on me, and the stats of his car flashed through my head – just over 2700 lbs. and 200 hp. Lighter by about 700 lbs. and only 30 or so fewer horses – I got a little nervous.

Any fear I had was instantly erased when I popped the clutch, dropped it into 2nd and stomped on it. When I shifted into 4th at 80 going through the next light (2 blocks) he was a full car length behind me. I eased off it and slowed down to stop at the next light and compliment him on his car (read: gloat), but he pulled off on a side street and sped away.

Gee – I hope I didn’t hurt his feelings.

Last edited:
QuickCivicGuy said:
Nice kill....

Any plans to mod your car or is it strictly a daily?
Thanks.

I've read about the ESS Supercharger, but I think I'll save my money for an M5 in about 5 years. I have the Tri-Flo exhaust, only other major options would be the Dinan cold-air intake, high-flow throttle, and new chip. Honestly though, I don't think the minor improvement in horsepower with those mods is worth the cost.

But we'll see!

If your looking for one more mod that could give you about an extra 25whp (maybe more) I would say look into getting a set of equal length headers with a 4-1 design and 3" merge collector......youll never look at your car the same again

The cost would be around 1500-2000 but last practially forever and if you sold the car you could slap you stock headers back on and sell the equal lengths to another 3 series owner...you really need to uncork that motor....lots of potential [thumb] AWD right?