Doc Wong Driving Skills and Skyline Fun Tour-Sunday Sept 11, 2005

Doc Wong Driving Skills and Skyline Fun Tour-Sunday Sept 11, 2005

Hi,

We're doing a "Driving Skills and Skyline Fun Tour Clinic Sunday!

Great fun, driving and touring over 100 miles of awesome roads and scenery!* The purpose of the day will be to learn new driving skills, improve your driving, have fun and be a better driver.

You don't need to have had any performance driving experience, but learning a bit more about performance driving can definitely make you a safer driver.* Come tour with us, all are welcome!

This event is open to all vehicles!* I usually*see a wide variety of vehicles showing up!* Our mix of vehicles will usually include Minis, Porsches, Mustangs, Miatas, Corvettes, BMWs, Ferraris, Zs, and many more!

This month's topic:“Driving Skills – Heel and Toe Shifting”

Date:* Sunday September 11, 2005

Time: 9:00 am 10:30 am for the talk part of the clinic
******** 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM for the tour.* Lunch in Davenport at 12:30 PM

Place: Active Life Medical Center (Chiropractic and Natural Medicine)
1391 Woodside Road,
Suite 200
Redwood City, CA 94061

Register:* Just e-mail me at DocWong@aol.com or leave a message on my cell phone at: (650) 400-9887

Cost: $0.00

Here's how the day will go:

We meet at my office at 9 AM and do the talk/clinic part till about 10:30 AM.*

Guest instructors:

Aaron Tachibana: SCCA GTU & GTO driver/owner of Datsun 510, Datsun 280ZX Turbo and Pantera. Finished 4th as a privateer GTU.* Currently organizes Car track days for seat time.

or

Chuck McCalmet: President's Cup, Tri-State Championship winner, Marlboro, VIR, Bridgehamptom, IRP, Loudon Enduro Karts winner, race instructor, has tested in a Lotus 23 with the lap record, owned and raced a Shelby GT 350.* Past Team Manager and Mechanic with the USA Karting team winning the World Championship in Hong Kong in 1972.* He currently drives a Beck 550 Spyder and 911SC!

There will also be a discussion on safety, autocrosses and time trialing.

Then we take off for our tour.* We'll stop at Gazos Road and Hwy 1 and the proceed down Hwy 1 to Davenport for lunch.* After lunch we take more twisty roads ending up on Hwy 9 and Skyline Blvd (Hwy 35).* See below on the complete route and directions to my office.

If you have a family radio bring it.* We'll be on Channel 9

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a chiropractor in Redwood City and quite a motorcycle enthusiast and have been organizing the Doc Wong Motorcycle Riding Clinics for the past 11 years (see me web page at:* www.docwong.com).

This event however is a car only clinic.

Not too long ago I purchased a Porsche Boxster and a Miata and a whole new world of fun opened up for me.* Learning how to really drive the car has been a fun challenge, fortunately much of my motorcycling experience has helped me with that.* I'm having a great time in autox and open track days.

The tour/drive will be pretty mellow.* The idea is to enjoy the scenery, the drive and to improve our driving skills.* So if you're up for a very fast drive, this isn't it.

RIDE ROUTE:
We start at Dr. Wong's office on Woodside Road (Hwy 84) in
Redwood City.* We go up Woodside Road, through
Woodside, and on up the hill to Skyline Blvd.

From there, we head down Hwy 84 (name now changed to La Honda Road).*
From San Gregorio, we go south on Stage Road to the
little town of Pescadero (which is a veritable
METROPOLIS compared to San Gregorio). Then we head east on Pescadero Road a short ways to Cloverdale Road, where we turn south
(right) again.* We follow Cloverdale road down to Gazos
Creek Road, where we turn west (right).

We follow Gazos Creek Road to Highway 1 where we can take a break.* Gas is available here.

Then take a trip down 1 to Davenport, where we stop for lunch.
After lunch, it's south on Highway 1 again to Bonny
Doone Road, where we turn east (left).* Don't turn
right there, or you'll be surprised at the lack of
floatation a set of air bags provide.* ;-)

Up Bonny Doon Road to Empire Grade. North (left) on Empire Grade to
Jamison Creek Road, down Jamison Creek Road to Highway
236.* Right on Highway 236 to Highway 9 in Boulder
Creek.* Another short break in Boulder Creek (gas, if
needed), then up Highway 9 (east) to Skyline, where we
assemble at the little rest area there for a final
meeting.* After our meeting and bull session, the group
breaks up and everyone is on their own.* Hope you can
find your way home from there!

Directions to Active Life Medical Center

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...+City&state=CA&zipcode=94061&submit=Get+Map**
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------***
**** Active Life Medical Center-Chiropractic and Alternative Medicine
**** 1391 Woodside Road, Suite 200
**** Redwood City, CA 94061
**** (650) 365-7775
Drive well!

Doc Wong
http://www.docwong.com
Arctic Silver/Boxster Red/Bk 1997 Boxster
Red 1991 Miata
Harry K. Wong, D.C.
1391 Woodside Road, Ste 200
Redwood City, CA 94061
Off:* (650) 365-7775 Cell: (650) 400-9887
Chiropractic and Alternative Medicine

This is a low volume list used for all my announcements on future drives and related activities.

Sunday September 11, 2005 “Driving Skills – Heel and Toe Shifting”
Saturday October 22, 2005 “Driving Skills – Causes and Solutions to Understeering”
Sunday November 13, 2005 "Driving Skills - Causes and Solutions to Oversteering"
Sunday December 17, 2005 "Driving Skills - Field of Vision"
___________________________________________________________________-