e36 bmw dominates honda racers!!!

tonight, returning from work i decided to call my girlfriend of 5 yrs. just to say i love you when i noticed a row of cars sitting on the side of the road. i thought nothing of it and continued to talk to my girlfriend. i approached the howard franklin bridge when i started to hear it... the sound of bees. you see... this bridge is about like, 12 miles long with no way on or off once on it. no cops either. there was no one ahead of me when i was passed by 4 hondas. each one doing about 90 easily. in mid sentence i told my girlfriend that i had to go tend to some business. after i hung up i turned off my a/c and opened my sunroof for ventilation. then i floored it!!! my car is an auto 328i with recent mods that i haven't actually gotten a chance to test. shark inj., autowerke cai, tri-flo exhaust. you know bm's we have crazy mad top end!!! first up was a civic si with all the common mods. lowered, huge exhaust, loud as hell. i flew by at around 100. he was still flooring it and painfully watched me pass by [wave] . next was another civic that had a funny smell coming from it. it took me about 5 seconds to recognize the smell to be nos. nevertheless, i passed him at about 105 or so. the next two cars were a bit further up ahead. at around 120 i came up on a red prelude. 97 and up model. this car was screaming!!! i arrogantly rolled down my window and shook my head at him as i passed him by. he abruptly gave the finger which made me laugh!!! a little bit ahead of him was an acura integra gsr. it was black with the vtec emblem on the back of it. i pulled up behind him around 120 or so and got a goooood look at his annoying ass exhaust and his vtec sign. then i floored it again. this time it took a little bit of time to get around him. but when i did i put on my flashers and pronounced bmw's victory over honda. i was so busy looking in my rear view watching the hyper whites disappear that i didn't notice that i was doing 137!!!!! when i saw my speedometer my leg began to shake and i came off the throttle. i couldn't believe how fast i got to that speed!!! i wish i knew what those ricers were thinking when i walked all of them. damn that felt good!!!! anyway, now i have to go and buy some expensive ass gas[mad] . later....

Attachments

haha, great story and nice kill(s). i can hear it now "honey i just called to say I Lo...... OMFG....RICERS..... I'll call you back." *click of cell phone* *downshift* haha.

jcbmw323i

Dude, this is the first time I hear a story like this Honda vs BMW, I used to owned a Prelude it was an awesome car but not close to compare with a Bimmer...anyways I just moved to Tampa, can you help me out how to hook up my Baby? Do you know any BMW clubs around here?, let me know thanks

welcome to the boards bro!!! if you're looking for performance enhancements like what i did with my car look up european autohaus in tpa. another good place to visit would be rennsport on kennedy blvd. i haven't been there yet, but i see bmws there all the time. as for cosmetic work, you'll just have to do the research yourself like i did.... happy to hear that there's another bmw fanatic out there here in tpa. too many imports around here if you asked me...

I like to hear these stories. You just made my day. Here in Las Vegas I would say we are the nations capital of superficial BS. As such I think we must have the highest per capita number of ricers in the counrtry-they are everywhere. And I think most of them have absolutely no power modifications at all, they are stock with that can tail pipe thing, stickers everywhere, and those gigantically enormous tail wing things that look like something from a small plane. They cut people off, "race" around the streets pretending to be fast, usually in 40 mph zones, and pretend they dont see anyone with a real car having more than 110 HP.

jcbmw323i

Thanks man! I'll check it out, q? I just bought eye brows for the front they are kind of similar to the ones you have, did you put it yourself and did you have to cut it?

Thanks again

if you have the stock plastic headlights you usually have to cut or shave those tabs down. i have projectors and they didn't come with those annoying tabs. just go to your local wal-mart and buy the 3m double sided stick tape. it looks red and costs like 4 bucks or something. once they're on, you'll have one hell of a time taking them off. this tape works best in my opinion because i've spend about 40 bucks on different methods including epoxy!!!

[hihi] Interesting.....you could smell NOS...and the kid sprayed it at high speeds in a high gear? And all of this in your car with an auto and the ricers had a head start?

Nice kill......but I would save your gas, ricers arent worth it

You have any times with that beast of yours?

nothing near as fast as your car bro.... my ride's running high 14's to low 15's now. i just added a cai and chip to it and the last time i took my car to the track was when all i had was my exhaust. i did 15.6 then. my car feels considerably quicker now. your car's quick as hell... did you buy the engine from my brother's 88 crx? (just kidding). my brother used to have a white ls vtec swap in it with all kinds of internals. he also ran about 10 psi with his turbo. that thing did mid 12's to low 13's!!! he sold it about 3 months ago. the engine alone was seriously was worth 4g's!!!!! there was simply too much maintenance. he was always checking his motor mounts and shit. he's into bms now like me. but he had to settle for a 99 civic si instead. he's been trying to get me to sell him my car. i don't blame him, i love it to death!!!!

ps. here down in tpa ricers are crazy. i know someone who had a 50 shot of nos in his stock 91 accord. needless to say i was in the car when the engine split. definitely the worst sound in the world... it's not unusual to find somebody nossin at high speeds here. all we have are bridges to race on. too much water...

Last edited:
yeah,.... it scared the shit out of me when i saw the speedo.... of course, i should realize that at that speed, the speedo isn't exactly correct. probably about at least 5 mph less or so.

i know a guy with a del sol here in dallas who put nos in his car and blew up his engine. my 91 318is smoked his @$$. and he didnt have any mufler it was ridiculus how loud it was.

ra328i said:
nothing near as fast as your car bro.... my ride's running high 14's to low 15's now. i just added a cai and chip to it and the last time i took my car to the track was when all i had was my exhaust. i did 15.6 then. my car feels considerably quicker now. your car's quick as hell... did you buy the engine from my brother's 88 crx? (just kidding). my brother used to have a white ls vtec swap in it with all kinds of internals. he also ran about 10 psi with his turbo. that thing did mid 12's to low 13's!!! he sold it about 3 months ago. the engine alone was seriously was worth 4g's!!!!! there was simply too much maintenance. he was always checking his motor mounts and shit. he's into bms now like me. but he had to settle for a 99 civic si instead. he's been trying to get me to sell him my car. i don't blame him, i love it to death!!!!

ps. here down in tpa ricers are crazy. i know someone who had a 50 shot of nos in his stock 91 accord. needless to say i was in the car when the engine split. definitely the worst sound in the world... it's not unusual to find somebody nossin at high speeds here. all we have are bridges to race on. too much water...
The reason most of those motors are blowing up is because A) your only supposed to use nitrous for 15 seconds or less b) you shouldnt use it from a roll C) you shouldnt use it going up ANY incline, hill, bridge

Load + NOS = boom (headgasket, piston ring lands or worse)

My motor is pretty much stock and is worth about 5-6K.....the Si is too heavy for me and I prefer the handling of the hatchback...short overhangs, great weight balance and much lighter [thumb]

My club recently built a CRVTEC motor with JUN 3 cams....very basic....gutted 92 hatchback, slicks.....12.20's@103-104mph...no turbo, no nitrous, no internals....cams and exhaust on a B20z block

Motor is solid, doesnt leak oil and revs to 9K+ rpm all day.....setup and tuning are very important with Hondas [hihi]