F1 season - getting excited

It's been a while since I've posted, though I still read a bit. I'm in a new job that makes it hard to get online often.

I'm getting pumped about the new F1 season. Williams are launching a new vehicle on the 5th Jan, let's hope it is better than the FW25 which was not up to the awesome BMW engine which is considered best in the field. Having said that, the team had a good year in the end. I also hope that my favourite driver, Mark Webber, continues his great form and path to glory.
What are your thoughts for the season (due to start in a couple of months). My bet is that Williams, Mercedes and Renault will once again be the main contenders. Jaguar should be close behind, but it's hard to see anyone beating Ferrari. Ferrari had a bad year on 03 compared to recent dominant years. It's a sign of a champion when someone can have a bad year and still win.

I am mate. Hope yours was good too. I think we experience a very different holiday season though...we've had over 2 weeks of humid 30 degrees(c) weather (like 95 f). All I'm seeing is posts of the snow in the US. Not sure which I'd prefer???

Hopefully I'll be able to drop back in more often.

heheheh, the Williams looks quite like a Walrus to me :p but its been showing some damn quick times in testing.

I personally am a McLaren fan (what am i doing on a BMW forum??? [:p] ), but the second team for me is Williams and I'd love to see a show down between these two teams for this years title!

I doubt Ferrari will be as strong as they were in the past (though i may be horribly wrong), but i simply base this on the fact that Bridgestone tyres are just not up to the job and they do not have enough teams to test for them as compared to Williams!

Lets see what happens! i cant wait for the season to start!!

I used to follow McLaren til I bought a BMW, so I have a soft spot for them.

I agree, the Williams looks bizarre, but it sure is quick in testing...hopefully a good sign. Will we see all chassis be like Williams in 2005?

It will be interesting to see! Actually quite interesting indeed since McLaren and Williams seem to have done totally the opposite regarding the front end of the car, whereas the McLaren has a very narrow nose with its intricate double keel suspension mounting, its as if its almost trying to create a vacuum under the nose, on the other hand, Williams have got a very wide nose and their aim seems to have been to create as clean a path for the airflow on the front wing and to the radiators as possible. It will interesting to see how both these solutions work out for both teams, and we have yet to see what Ferrari and Renault come up with. Sauber's new car looks strikingly like last year's Ferrari too which is quite interesting.