Griot's Garage Auto Detailing Tech Session Sat. June 25

Big Daddy

Will do, since Griot's is about 20 minutes from my house and the local BMW CCA chapter has this annual event free, including breakfast, I thought why not. I hope Scott and some other local bmwboard members can attend as well, the website says guests are welcome.

Big Daddy

Scott (M///Speed), My wife and I went to this today representing bmwboard.com. Wow, what an event. Lots of beautiful cars, great tips and advice. You could spend bucks here buying waxes, towels, q-tips, applicators, and more, they even have tools and work benches. Some photos will follow.....Gabe, reagarding your question they said removal of waxes around the clear bras is really tough! They recommend using some plastic tipped "picks" and/or your fingers to work it out. They said that they use the blue painters masking tape on cars with clear bras, overlapping the paint by about an 1/8 of an inch BEFORE waxing etc. than after buffing and detailing the car they remove the tape and buff up to the bra! Hope that helps and I hope I explained it right.