Headlamps blinking for no reason

chowson

Hlep, the xenon headlamps on my 2001 325xi started blinking this am when I applied the brake to back out of the garage. The pattern continued on my short drive to the train station with an occasional blink without the brakes being applied. Any ideas?
Thanks

Blinkin' headlights

Hi there,

Was it just one headlight, or both?
If it's just one headlight, as it most commonly is, then I'd suspect either the control module(I think it's under the headlamp assembly), or the ignitor for the bulb.
If it's both headlights that are blinking, then I'd suspect the light module, or a wiring problem.

Hope this hleps,
Tiger

chowson

Hi there,

Was it just one headlight, or both?
If it's just one headlight, as it most commonly is, then I'd suspect either the control module(I think it's under the headlamp assembly), or the ignitor for the bulb.
If it's both headlights that are blinking, then I'd suspect the light module, or a wiring problem.

Hope this hleps,
Tiger
Thanks ... just got back from the dealership and they confirmed the light module going bad and the replacement, as with all things BMW, sure ain't cheap. Your answer is most helpful ... Cheers

hdigiorgio

Hlep, the xenon headlamps on my 2001 325xi started blinking this am when I applied the brake to back out of the garage. The pattern continued on my short drive to the train station with an occasional blink without the brakes being applied. Any ideas?
Thanks
I have the same problem with my 2000, 328I what did the dealer charge you for the module?