Radiator replacement

theref

Since even the dealer confirmed all the internet references to the unexpected, catastrophic failures of the radiator and coolant reservoir, I am looking at the Zionsville all aluminum one. They offer just the radiator or a complet kit with replacment for the radiator, the reservoir, a new fan with shroud, and switch. Anyone installed it yet?

Big Daddy

What are they asking for it? Arizona AutoHaus has radiators for your car all under $200.00. I would shop around a bit, but granted I have never replaced one. Good luck!

theref

$549 for the radiator alone and about double that for a kit that includes the radiator, the coolant reservoir, an electric fan to replace the problematic engine driven one, and a fan shroud. If you go the kit route it would be a good time to get a water pump with metal impellers.

The problem with the OE replacement is that it is subject to the same breakage in 50Kmi as the original because it is the same plasic neck on the radiator and all plastic for the reservoir.

Big Daddy

I would call arizona Auto Haus and Pelican Parts, I am sure that they have upgraded radiators as well. $549.00 seems high to me. You might also check on the kits from them as well. Best of luck!

I considered that Zionsville all aluminum one when I replaced mine, but balked on the overall price. Not that it's not worth it, as I recall that is essentially a performance/racing radiator, and that's not a bad price for that quality of radiator.