Rotors

Guys, I just clocked 100,000 miles with my '01 330CI. It still runs great.

I am running on the orginal Rotors still. I'm starting to feel vibration once I start braking on low speeds.

At 80,000 miles, the orginal Rotors were GRINDED down and new pads were put on.

Are my vibrations coming from old rotors or just a balancing issue. Again, I feel vibration once I hit the brakes at low speed.

If the Rotors are due for a change, any suggestion? I kinda like the drilled ones. Are they good in regards to performance?

Where to buy from: Ebay?

Thanks.

Big Daddy

By all means at 80k your rotors are overdue for replacement. BMW does not recommend turning of rotors ("grinding") as they are soft and designed to be replaced. I am sure that you are way under the minimum thickness recommended.

Avoid drilled rotors as well, they offer no benefit to street driving and can crack easier than stock ones. Slotted are OK and offer a minimal benefit, but with today's pads that is even questionable. I would buy them from AutoHaus Arizona stock rotors are less than $70.00 ea. Pelican Parts as well has a variety of brake disc's for your car.

William330

I was once suckered by a Meineke shop to pay $450 for a pair of Nissan 300-ZX rotors.

Was but a pup, and knew absolutely nothing, versus almost nothing today. [:D]