The 4.6is has made it's appearance...

Apparently, there was a method to the madness. He told me that he bought it used at a great price and it is European Specification, plus he received a 16 percent tax break... which makes it a more than admirable package for the price. Plus when he drove his car to work the first day; before I had even talked to him I knew he had received it because everyone had something to say about it. Personally, I went through that changing European to American Specification with my 5 series, and found it not worth it in the end, even though you can get the bimmers so cheap here. Old school fellows tell me it happened all the time in the past, but for as long as I have been here, I have yet to see one (hmmm, seems like a good thread to start). Maybe since all X5s are made stateside he will have a better chance on the conversion, and if not believe me, THIS (Germany) is definitely the place to enjoy it!

Cool,

bobalouie said:
This has nothing to do with the 4.6is. I tried the cargo net today, for the first time. In both positions! [:p] nicely engineered.[thumb] picking up my sister's German Shepherd. [bath]
Hey Bob,

Are you talking about that load space divider that extends up from the back seat? Had you found any other uses for it?

Re: Cool,

Kierre said:
Hey Bob,

Are you talking about that load space divider that extends up from the back seat? Had you found any other uses for it?
Hi Kierre,

Yes the load space divider. I haven't thought of any other uses. I used it in both positions, though. Forward just behind the front seats with the rear seat backs folded, and then rearward, with the rear seat backs upright. (With the latter, the dog wont scratch the wood on the rear doors.)

Getting cold here now. Will likely snow in a couple of weeks. Can't hand wash anymore myself. Also, an amazing review of the X3 in one of our papers, based on tests in Spain. Says the standard X3 suspension handles better than the 3 sedan.

Last edited: